Saturday, September 21

First Sauna!

Had my first sauna with Finns!!  Felt kind of weird being naked, but it's what they do here and I don't want to offend anyone.  Much better sauna experience than at CalFit back home.  No chatty cathys or old people stretching or being disruptive in general.

Very relaxed and the Finns are much more talkative in there.  One told me a story about the sauna gods.  Another even tried to practice his English with me, which was fun.  Then another liked it really hot and dumped a ton of water on the stones, it was too hot for me so I left, I think they do it to show off their tolerance for heat.

The facility was nice and fairly large.  On the top floor of the building with a changing room, shower room and of course the sauna.  Also a toilet was there...

Looked something like this

No comments:

Post a Comment